Saturday, April 3, 2010

Susan Clusener - Ceramic Artist

"My hands are convenient and frequent objects of interest. My fingers alone have so much going on below the surface: blood pumping, nerves sensing, muscles contracting. All of this movement, activity – life – happening unconsciously and for decades. Sometimes this unconscious becomes conscious. I become aware of all the goings-on under my skin, aware of my livingness. It is both exciting and frightening, this awareness of my vitality and its intrinsic finiteness." I like that. Seems like those words could have been spoken by sculptors, musicians, surgeons or just about anyone else that uses their own hands as another tool towards the desired end-result.

For Susan, It's not all about fruit. Her pear pieces, however, hold a certain appeal to me. Her "Stone" series, also thought-provoking and unique are certain to sooth eyes as well.

For more works by California-based Susan, visit her website; www.susanclusener.com

No comments:

Post a Comment